Connect is a set of APIs wrapped up as a plug-and-play product that allows your customers to easily connect their bank accounts and financial data. You can get real-time information about their finances by performing up to four background refreshes per day and unlimited customer refreshes. You’ll be able to:
- list open banking providers;
- create an Open Banking connection;
- refresh the connection;
- manage consent; and
- list accounts/ transactions data.
- Get Open Banking coverage for 60+ UK banks.
- Use Bud’s license (or get your own license) to securely connect your customer's accounts via Open Banking APIs.
- Get started really quickly with it's turnkey design.
Connect is the foundation for collecting customer data. It can be used with other Bud products to act on the data and suit your use case, such as; creating PFM solutions or informing affordability calculations.
If you think your app could benefit from a more native experience then get in contact with a member of our account management team.
The steps below show which endpoints are used to connect a customer’s financial data via our Connect (Open Banking) APIs. To see what it could look like for your customer, take a look at the Bud Demo.
The journey begins when a customer wants to connect their bank account.
- First, you'll need to create a record for that customer (see "Setup your Customers")
- Then you can call
POST /v2/open-banking/authorisation-gateway-urlto generate a link for the customer to access Bud Connect.
- The customer completes Bud Connect and connects their bank account(s).
- Bud receives data from the bank and then enriches, encrypts, and stores it against the customer record
- Finally, you can call
GET /financial/v2/transactionsto access the customer's data and the enrichments for each transaction
Using Bud Connect allows you to customise the screens of the customer journey to suit your use case. Configurations include:
- Filtering providers to connect
- Showing an account summary
- Options to connect more accounts
- Allowing customers to download a copy of the data that they’re sharing
You are able to add your branding to the Bud Connect screens to create continuity throughout your user's journey. There is a set list of criteria you are able to change, these are:
- Company name
- Company logo
- Primary brand colour
- Secondary brand colour
After you provide us with your brand colours, we’ll create a WCAG 2.0 AA-compliant theme for your version of Bud Connect.
We’ve provided some guidance on some best practices for helping your end-users to realise the value of connecting their accounts through Open Banking.
You can take a look at the banking providers and accounts you’ll be able to connect to with Bud here. We keep this page up-to-date with new providers and accounts when they’re available.
Updated 3 days ago