Bud has created this guide to show how banks and financial services can support vulnerable households to reduce personal financial pressure. Balance and transaction data from Bud’s enrichment service can be used to trigger personalised actionable insight notifications to customers through existing financial platforms such as banking apps, online banking services and personal financial management tools.
- Increase customer engagement and loyalty
- Provide better and personalised products to your customers based on their financial situation
- Create highly personalised customer experiences and, in turn, drive revenue and retention
- Increase savings
- Increase financial wellbeing
- Increase spending awareness
Prerequisite before getting started
You must have integrated with the Bud platform and have the ability to send one or more of the above notifications to customers. Then you are ready to go!
We have included use cases to describe a particular goal or objective that may be achieved by using combinations of data to trigger notifications. In addition we’ve included examples of implementation: good, better and best to demonstrate how adding more logic can lift a notification from awareness to being highly personalised with complementary functionality like spending reports and budgeting tools.
There are five notification methods to consider when planning your implementation. The method(s) that you choose will depend on the platform you are using to communicate with your customers and what communication preferences your customer has agreed to receive.
- Push notification
- In-app message
- Short Message Service (SMS)
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)
- Decide what type of messages to send and customise example copy as needed
- Add the code logic to the Bud integration
- Set up messaging rules for your platform
Once set up, after a customer connects their accounts or their data is refreshed and there is a data match, a message will be triggered and sent to the customer.
Updated 16 days ago